Diet Programs And Foods That Reverse Diabetes
Interested in reversing type 2 diabetes? Thinking of a diet program and foods that reverse diabetes? A little confused about which diet program or which foods? Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, South Beach, Mediterranean, Ornish…the list just goes on and on. Add to that trying to figure out what are the foods that reverse diabetes. Type 2 diabetes specifically. Well, guess what? We will NOT be rating any of those diet plans. We think of these programs as ‘commercially oversold’ with plenty of comparative information on each. We also think of them as a ‘temporary’ and misguided approach for those trying to reverse type 2 diabetes. WHAT? Yeah, that probably didn’t make any sense, but if you’ll take a look at this blog post, it might help you understand better what we mean.
“Boy, We Could Sure Use Your Help!”
PLEASE, if you have ANY first hand, personal experience or knowledge with ANY of the diets, exercise programs, cookbooks or lifestyle products, programs or services…WOULD YOU PLEASE DROP ME A QUICK EMAIL (the email address is at the bottom of this page)? It would be GREAT to be able to include your input as we review these items. If you can, I’ll be sure to send you a FREE Cookbook on ANY food or meal prep item you would like…from ARTICHOKES to ZUCCHINI as my way of saying “thank you” for helping us out!
Now….where were we?…
In a nutshell, ‘diets’ are temporary and focus only on one thing – weight loss. The question is what happens when you reach your goal weight? Are you going to be buying Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig food for the rest of your life? How would you be able to incorporate that into your lifestyle – especially if you are a family of 2 or more?
Caveat: There are 2 or 3 diets similar to the ‘big boys’, but are different in the sense THAT ACTUAL, DOCUMENTED PHYSICIAN INVOLVEMENT in either the concept, development, referral and/or management is evident in the program. These diets, while still not the ‘lifestyle’ ideal, are for those diabetics wanting to lose a substantial amount of weight for immediate health considerations – before getting involved in more permanent lifestyle changes.
So If I Eat Foods That Reverse Diabetes, Will I Lose Weight?
Yes, losing weight in a healthy fashion is good for everyone, and especially for diabetics. But rather than focus on losing weight to get healthy, how about changing the focus to getting healthy and losing weight in the process? I think the biggest difference is that while a ‘diet’ helps you to lose weight in a healthy way…I think it’s better to live a healthy lifestyle and lose weight as part of the process. One is a temporary approach – while the other is for a lifetime!
Rather than rate ‘diet’s’, we will rate lifestyle programs – with a primary focus on reversing type 2 diabetes in a healthy fashion, then achieving a healthy weight as part of the process. Some of these you might initially see as a ‘diet’, but when you take a closer look, you’ll find that these are lifestyle approaches – HEALTHY lifestyles approaches. Besides, for many of the Type 2 diabetics out there, it was an UN-healthy lifestyle that by itself or in conjunction to genetics that got many of us here in the first place.
If not the ‘big’ plans, then who?
Lesser-know, yet popular or notable programs are out there, but they are scattered all over the internet. What we hope to do is bring as many of them as possible under our roof, review and rate them as detailed on our home page and give you the information and access for you to learn what you need to know before making any decisions. WITHOUT ANY SALES PRESSURE!
The rating simple is pretty straightforward and self-explanatory. Pros and Cons are detailed. Comparative ratings across common categories are also presented. Links to additional information, program website, books or videos are provided at the ‘Learn More’ button. Not just programs, but nutritional supplements that will help along with foods that reverse diabetes. Especially Type 2 Diabetes.
These are not recommendations to purchase. There are no solicitations or offers to buy or sell. The information is being provided for YOU to review and compare, learn from and to help you decide which program, product or service is right for you in your own personal program to reverse type 2 diabetes.
We review all diet programs using the same 6 criteria for comparative purposes –
- Affordability: Is the diet “budget” friendly or are the food requirements substantially more costly than others?
- Nutritionally Balanced: Does the diet provide a balance of necessary nutrients and a healthy balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats?
- Short-Term Weight Loss: All diets have a weight loss focus – but the questions is whether or not weight is lost rapidly to provide greater motivation to stay on plan – also is the rapid weight loss healthy?
- Long-Term Weight Loss: The end goal of a healthy diet plan is not just to lose weight to a healthy level, but to keep it off for the long-term. Does the rated diet offer or provide that potential?
- Food Choice / Variety: One of the biggest concersn for dieters is the ability to vary food choices, especially if dining out or during holidays or special occasions. The ability to vary home prepared meal recipes is also a major factor determing the long-term viability of a diet plan.
- Pros & Cons: A quick simple look at the main considerations, taking into considerations both “pro” and “con” with the diet plan.
- Guarantee Period: All rated plans must offer a full 100% money-back guarantee for a MINIMUM of 14 days / 2 weeks. The length of the guarantee period will be listed in the “Pros and Cons” section.
- Company provided media will be included to give an introduction to premise and foundation of plan focus.
- All listings are in ALPHABETICAL ORDER. No preference is considered in placement.
- Not All Diets Have Yet Been Reviewed or Rated. We get a lot of input from folks about checking out certain programs that they have personal experience with, but in the meantime, still wanted you to have access to diets others claim to have had much success with.
- It is planned that new products, programs and services will be added and reviewed weekly.
EACH DIET BELOW IS LINKED TO IT’S RATING PAGE
NOTE: Before beginning any exercise or weight loss program, you MUST speak with your doctor or medical professional. I won’t be responsible for any injury to any degree…but just so you understand, you are welcome to read the legal stuff at the top of the page for more boring but critically important information that covers my butt.